9. Chatham, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Dining, and Lodging
Where to Stay in Chatham, Massachusetts:
Despite its private beach and stunning ocean views, The Hawthorne is only a ten minute walk from downtown Chatham. If available, opt for a corner room, since they tend to be larger.
Where to Eat in Chatham, Massachusetts:
Chatham, premier resort, The Wequassett offers five dining options: a fancy dining room, a fireplaced club room,, an open-air room and seaside deck serving pizza, burgers, and other casual fare, a pergola on the beach, and a poolside hot spot featuring BBQs and clambakes. The view from each site is superb.
Great Attraction in Chatham, Massachusetts:
Cape Cod Baseball League
There is no summer league in the world as good as the Cape Cod Baseball League, where collegiate players on the cusp of stardom play on picturesque town fields for free admission. And in the Cape League, there’s no better place to watch a game than in Chatham, no better seat than a lawn chair directly behind the backstop, no better day than the traditional Fourth of July game against Orleans.
Blue Water Fish Rubbings
Artist Jenny Bovey practices her own form of gyotaku, the ancient Japanese art of fish rubbing, to create the ultimate marine souvenir of Cape Cod. Bluefish, stripers, crabs, octopi, and even sprightly sea robins grace her T-shirts and sweatshirts.
More information: www.chathaminfo.com
More Like This
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Little Compton, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging