6. Edgartown, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Dining, and Lodging
Here are Yankee Magazine‘s picks for the best places to stay, eat, and see for Edgartown, Massachusetts, ranked #6 Beach Town in New England.
Where to Stay in Edgartown, Massachusetts
This 17-room hotel tucked into a 19th-century Gothic Revival home has both the luxury and the green touches to stake a simultaneous claim to ecological stewardship and sheer comfort. Think of it as Jay Gatsby meets Al Gore.
Where to Eat in Edgartown, Massachusetts:
Traveling with your little ones? At the Winnetu Oceanside Resort, you can enjoy a family meal without dropping your dining standards. Kids get the pizza, chicken fingers, tacos, while you get to enjoy a full menu of local seafood, island-raised lamb, and other exceptional “farm-to-table” dishes.
Great Attraction in Edgartown, Massachusetts
Cape Poge Natural History Tour
Experience Chappaquiddick Island’s 4-mile barrier beach up close on this three-hour journey by over-sand vehicle, from wave-swept shores populated with oystercatchers and plovers to cedar-covered expanses protecting small mammals. The highlight? A remote 1893 lighthouse, whose periodic relocation mirrors the ever-changing landscape.
Great beach towns need great homemade ice cream. The go- to place for the double dip cone to enjoy during your stroll over to the docks.
More information: www.mvy.com
More Like This
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Little Compton, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging