7. Kennebunkport, Maine | Best Attractions, Dining, and Lodging
Here are Yankee Magazine‘s picks for the best places to stay, eat, and see for Kennebunkport, Maine, ranked #7 Beach Town in New England.
Where to Stay in Kennebunkport, Maine
Captain Lord Mansion
Though Kennebunkport is flush with lovely inns, the butter-yellow Captain Lord Mansion is the flushest. The inn’s “Memory Garden,” features the names of guests who have stayed at least 10 times engraved on paving stones — 400 stones so far.
Salty Acres Campground
This 225 sites full-service campground takes full advantage of one of southern Maine’s prettiest stretches of coastline. Families use this mostly as base camp for forays to nearby Goose Rocks Beach, a three-mile swath of white sand with a shallow grade and lack of surf that make it perfect for the sand-pail set. Its tidal pools keep budding naturalists entertained for hours.
Where to Eat in Kennebunkport, Maine
The White Barn Inn
Is it an inn with amazing food, or an amazing restaurant with superb accommodations? Both. One of those places where you splurge and love doing so.
Nunan’s Lobster Hut
In nearby Cape Porpoise, one of Maine’s most famous traditional lobster huts.
Dine with a view of Cape Porpoise Harbor.
Great Attraction in Kennebunkport, Maine
Gifts shops, restaurants, strolling, with the scent of the sea everywhere.
Two miles east of Kennebunkport, a fishing village where time stopped in the 1950s.
Parsons Way Trail
This two-mile jaunt takes you past some of the cooler-named sights on the Maine coast: Spouting Rock and Blowing Cave. Ocean views are complemented by the sight of some truly magnificent homes. Park at Colony Beach or along Ocean Avenue.
More information: kennebunkport.org
More Like This
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Little Compton, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging