8. Rockport, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Dining, and Lodging
Where to Stay in Rockport, Massachusetts:
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
An somewhat plain, old fashioned motor lodge that has the infinite gift of location. Smack on the sea at Bearskin Cove. You can’t get any closer to the heart of Rockport.
Where to Eat in Rockport, Massachusetts:
Roy Moore Lobster Company
Housed in a diminutive shingled building on the Bearskin Neck waterfront, this may be the friendliest lobster shack anywhere. Start with owner Ken Porter’s thick, creamy clam chowder, and dine atop wooden lobster crates on the crowded yet friendly back deck.
Great Attraction in Rockport, Massachusetts:
The spot that inspired Motif Number 1, where artists still throng.
Good Harbor and Wingaersheek
Neighboring Gloucester’s waterside beach gems.
On Sandy Bay, an easy walk from the center of Rockport.
Shalin Liu Performance Center Recently revamped, the Shalin Liu is a classical-music venue whose floor-to-ceiling stage window overlooks the Atlantic. www.rcmf.org/newperformance.html
More information: www.rockportusa.com
More Like This
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Little Compton, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging