10. Watch Hill, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Dining, and Lodging
Where to Stay in Watch Hill, Rhode Island:
This Victorian grande dame may have undergone a five-year, $140 million facelift, but it hasn’t forgotten its roots. You’ll find afternoon tea on the porch and Friday night clambakes on the beach.
Where to Eat in Watch Hill, Rhode Island:
Seasons at Ocean House
Ocean views, an historic stone fireplace and open exhibition kitchen provide a memorable and unique dining experience.
Olympia Tea Room
Pull up a seat outside, order up a plate of mussels, and gaze out at the harbor.
Great Attraction in Watch Hill, Rhode Island:
For beach lovers, it doesn’t get any better than this wild coastal walk, which offers great views of Connecticut and Fishers Island, New York. A shorebird stopover point and foraging area for wading birds, and hosts hawk, songbird, and monarch butterfly flights in fall.
The Book & Tackle Shop
The smell of 50,000 old volumes mingles with the sea.
122 Bay Street, (401)596-0051
Flying Horse Carousel
At Watch Hill Beach, a vintage herd of tiny horses dangling on chains; costs a pittance to fly.
More information: www.visitwatchhill.com
More Like This
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Little Compton, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging