2011 Readers' Choice Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.</p.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter electronically, go to 2011 Readers’ Choice to access the survey. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 P.M. on DECEMBER 17, 2010, and ends at 4:00 P.M. on JANUARY 31, 2011. Limit: one entry per person or per e-mail address. Entries: A submitted and accepted survey will constitute a valid entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entrants need not be present to win. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify Sponsor in writing if you change your e-mail address or phone number.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to individuals 21 years of age or older as of DECEMBER 17, 2010, and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Yankee Magazine, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers or retailers, advertising, production and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes void wherever prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
3. PRIZE: $500 Cranwell Resort, Spa and Golf Club Gift Card
All taxes, incidentals and other expenses associated with prize and not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with one of equal or greater value in the event prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown, and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity without additional compensation.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Drawing conducted on or about FEBRUARY 1, 2011, by a representative of Yankee Publishing whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded, assuming sufficient number of entries. Winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address with which they entered the Sweepstakes, and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within 14 days of date of e-mail notification or an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. If any prize notification letter, e-mail notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, and there is ample time to select and clear an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from all non-winning entries.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor and judging organization not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due or misdirected entries or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
6. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER’S LIST: For the winner’s name (available after FEBRUARY 15, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by FEBRUARY 1, 2011, to: Yankee Magazine Readers’ Choice Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Yankee Magazine, PO Box 520, Dublin, NH 03444-0520. Requests for the winner’s name will be fulfilled after the winner’s name has been verified.
8. SPONSOR: This sweepstakes is sponsored by Yankee Publishing Inc., 1121 Main Street, Dublin, NH 03444.