Tips for Antiques and Collections
5. Make sure you can see and display the things you love. If you have too much, many objects will wind up languishing in storage.
6. Move things around. You’ll get a new appreciation for them. You get used to looking at things where they are, and after a while you no longer see them.
7. Be careful of color combinations when you display your antiques. Make sure things actually go together. It’s okay to mix contemporary with old, though — it can create a distinctive and refreshing effect.
8. Try not to scatter collection items throughout the house. They’ll be more attractive and orderly looking if presented together.
9. Avoid cramming items together, though. Try to keep a clean look, letting your special items show themselves off while not overwhelming the eye.
10. Insure valuable items, listing them individually.
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.