Official Contest Rules for Yankee Magazine's "My Hometown" Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Please submit your single photograph or series of up to 5 photographs that best define your New England hometown. Photographs will be judged based on creativity, composition and the ability to capture a strong sense of place. Previously published or awarded photographs are not eligible for this contest. Enter by going to our web site at www.YankeeMagazine.com/HometownContest and following instructions for submitting photos of New England taken in the last 2 years. Contest begins at 10 am on June 15, 2012, US Eastern Time and ends at 4 pm on October 1, 2012, US Eastern Time. Entries: Up to 5 entries are permitted throughout the contest time frame, but please do not enter the same photo more than once. In the event of a dispute over ownership of an online photo, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Entrants need not be present to win. All photos submitted to YankeeMagazine.com’s Web site become the property of Yankee Publishing Inc. YankeeMagazine.com may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use the material for any purpose, in any form, and on any media. Any photograph submitted will include a photographer credit in print and as feasible on YankeeMagazine.com. In submitting this photo you agree that its content does not infringe copyrights or other property rights of any party. If a person is recognizable in the photograph, you will need to provide a signed model release. You also agree that the photo you are submitting is your own. You retain rights to your own photos to reproduce, distribute, display, etc. It is your sole responsibility to notify Sponsor in writing if you change your e-mail address. Only photographs submitted through our Web site will be considered for the contest. Photographs sent via mail will not be entered into the contest and cannot be returned to sender. Finalists must be able to provide Yankee with a print quality hi-res file of their photograph.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of June 15, 2012, and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Yankee Magazine, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers or retailers, advertising, production and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. Contest void wherever prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
3. PRIZE: Winners will be awarded monetary prices as outlined below and winning images will also appear in print in the March/April 2013 issue of Yankee Magazine. Winning entries — including — runners up will also be included in an extended online gallery. Photographs recognized as runners up may also appear in the print edition.
- Grand Prize: The grand prize winner will receive $500.
- 2nd place: The 2nd place winner will receive $300.
- 3rd place: The 3rd place winner will receive $200.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s photograph, name, hometown, and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity without additional compensation.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Winning photographs will be selected from all eligible photographs by the editors of Yankee Publishing whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this contest. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded assuming sufficient number of entries. Winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address with which they entered the Contest, and will be required to acknowledge email by Sponsor or its designated agent within 14 days of date of e-mail notification or an alternate winner will be selected. If any prize notification letter, e-mail notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, and there is ample time to select and clear an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor and judging organization not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected entries or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest.
6. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER’S LIST: Winners will be contacted by November 15, 2012 and announced in the March/April 2013 issue of Yankee Magazine.