The 2015 "My New England" Photo Contest
“My New England” photo contest can be as individual as a person’s relationship to the region. It may be a stonewall, a meadow of lupines, a seasonal harvest, a visit to a historical house — a visual record that you associate with the New England way of life. New England is landscape and the people who live within the landscape. We want to see photos that capture your personal New England. Only photographs taken in one the 6 New England states (VT, ME, MA, RI, CT and NH) are eligible to win. Photographs should have been taken within the last 2 years. Photographers need not reside in New England to be eligible to win.
Send us your entries by 4:00 P.M. on November 1, 2015, and we will publish the winning photos in the March/April 2016 issue and award cash prizes.
- Grand Prize: The grand prize winner will receive $500.
- 2nd place: The 2nd place winner will receive $300.
- 3rd place: The 3rd place winner will receive $200.
Photographs recognized as runners-up may also appear in the print edition.
Specs for 2015 “My New England” Photo Contest
Photos submitted to the 2015 “My New England” Photo Contest must adhere to the following specifications
- 300 DPI
- RGB Preferred
- Full Size: Original Digital File up to 20MB in Size
- Print Quality
- Photographs Must Be in Digital Format: JPG or TIF Preferred — Note: film submissions that have been poorly scanned will be disqualified
- HDR Photos Are Not Eligible to Win Contest
Instructions to Enter 2015 “My New England” Photo Contest
1. Read Official Rules for My New England Photo Contest
2. Copy and paste all 10 fields below into an email. All fields MUST be included and filled out in email to be eligible for contest :
- Title of photograph
- Location of photograph
- Caption/personal connection to the location
- Photographer’s bio
- I certify that I have read and agreed to the Official Rules.
3. Attach photo to email.
This contest in now closed.
Winners will be contacted by January 15, 2016 and announced in the March/April 2016 issue of Yankee Magazine.
You may submit up to 5 photos, but please do not submit the same images more than once.
Employees of Yankee Magazine, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers or retailers, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible.
All entrants must read and agree to all Official Rules.