2012 X Marks the Spot Photo Sweepstakes Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter electronically, access our Web site at YankeeFoliage.com and follow instructions. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 A.M. on AUGUST 20, 2012, and ends at 11:59 P.M. on OCTOBER 31, 2012. Each photo submission according to the guidelines outlined in the rules will constitute valid entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
3. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Entrants need not be present to win. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify Sponsor in writing if you change your e-mail address.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to individuals 21 years of age or older as of AUGUST 20, 2012, and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Yankee Magazine, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers or retailers, advertising, production and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes void wherever prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges, and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss, or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
5. PRIZE: One Grand Prize includes the following: Located just two-and-a-half hours from Boston, the historic four-diamond Omni Mount Washington Resort in New Hampshire’s White Mountains has long been known for its gracious hospitality, majestic setting and endless recreational pursuits. Enjoy a three-night stay for two at the legendary Omni Mount Washington Hotel in newly renovated Deluxe accommodations with choice of one king or two queen beds, plus breakfast daily in the hotel’s four-diamond Dining Room. Value of the offer: Average $945.03 incl. tax and amenity fee. Restrictions, Blackout dates, etc: Valid during non-holiday periods, subject to availability. Valid through October 31, 2013.
6. All taxes, incidentals, and other expenses associated with prize and not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown, and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity without additional compensation.
7. WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected on or about NOVEMBER 1, 2012, by a representative of Yankee Publishing, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded, assuming sufficient number of entries. Winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address with which she/he entered the Sweepstakes, and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within 14 days of date of e-mail notification, or an alternative winner will be selected in a random drawing. If any prize notification letter, e-mail notification, or prize is returned as undeliverable, and there is ample time to select and clear an alternative winner, prize will be awarded to an alternative winner in a random drawing from all non-winning entries.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor and judging organization not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due, or misdirected entries or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of such cancellation, termination, or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
9. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the winner’s name (available after NOVEMBER 1, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by NOVEMBER 31, 2012, to: Yankee Magazine Covered Bridge Photo Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Yankee Magazine, P.O. Box 520, Dublin, NH 03444-0520. Requests for the winner’s name will be fulfilled after the winner’s name has been verified.
11. SPONSOR: This sweepstakes is sponsored by Yankee Publishing Inc., 1121 Main Street, Dublin, NH 03444.