Crafts | Heart Button Pillow
8. Now put a finished edge on the back panels. Fold 3/8″ along the longer side of one 12″x8″ piece and press with your iron. Fold again to tuck away the cut edge; then press and stitch for a finished edge. Leave the other long edge raw. Repeat with the other 12″x8″ piece.
9. Assemble the pillow cover: Lay the 12″x12″ front piece on the table, button side up; then lay the 12″x8″ back pieces face down, so that the raw edges align with the outside edge of the front piece and the finished edges overlap in the center to create the envelope opening. Pin all around to hold.
10. Stitch all the way around the outside edge of the pillow cover, 1/2″ in. Snip the points off the corners.
11. Use a zigzag stitch or a serger along the outside edge to finish the seam.
12. Turn the cover right side out and stuff the pillow insert inside.
Watch this video tutorial to learn how to sew welt cording onto a pillow.