Photographs of the 25 Best Beach Towns in New England
How do you go about choosing the twenty-five best beach towns in New England? It wasn’t easy, but we can guarantee that regardless of your personal criteria, there’s a beach town for you on our list.
Using fourteen criteria, ranging from the availability of beach food to accessibility of town amenities to lodging for all budgets, we found the 25 Best Beach Towns in New England. Whether you’re looking for waves to ride, long sandy stretches or lots of family activities, there’s a beach town for you on our list.
1. Ogunquit, Maine
2. Provincetown, Massachusetts
3. Nantucket, Massachusetts
4. Newport, Rhode Island
5. Old Harbor, Block Island, Rhode Island
6. Edgartown, Massachusetts
7. Kennebunkport, Maine
8. Rockport, Massachusetts
9. Chatham, Massachusetts
10. Watch Hill, Rhode Island
11. York Beach, Maine
12. (Tied) Wellfleet, Massachusetts
12. (Tied) Falmouth, Massachusetts
13. Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
14. Narragansett, Rhode Island
15. (Tied) Orleans, Massachusetts
15. (Tied) Newburyport, Massachusetts
16. Ipswich, Massachusetts
17. (Tied) Madison, Connecticut
17. (Tied) Old Orchard Beach, Maine
18. (Tied) Little Compton, Rhode Island
18. (Tied) Plymouth, Massachusetts
19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire
20. Hull, Massachusetts
21. Brewster, Massachusetts
Read more about the 25 Best Beach Towns in New England in our July/August issue of Yankee Magazine.
A special thanks to our contributing photographers. Follow the links below to see more of their New England photography.
Please Note: This information was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.