Boston, MA: Boston Public Library
8. The largest collection of original materials relating to the murder trial and execution of Boston anarchists Sacco and Vanzetti, including their ashes, death masks, and coroner’s report.
9. A complete edition of John James Audubon’s Birds of America in double elephant folio, completely hand-colored.
10. A signed 1773 copy of Poems on Various Subjects, Religious and Moral by Phillis Wheatley, the first published African American poet.
11. Two of the earliest printed editions of Dante’s Divine Comedy.
12. A signed manuscript copy of Robert Frost’s “Ten Books That Should Be in Every Public Library.”
When You Go
Boston Public Library
700 Boylston St. 617-536-5400; bpl.org
Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
More Travel: 10 New England Weekends