Not Your Common Cold
The residents of Boston’s South End may be getting some nasty new neighbors soon: Boston University Medical Center recently received $128 million in federal money to build its National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories, slated to do research on the world’s deadliest microbes, including Ebola and anthrax. When they’ll actually start coming to town is as yet undetermined; in May, the Conservation Law Foundation filed suit to stop federal funding for the facility.
More Like This
- A Christmas Season Visit to Boston | City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks
- 1980 American Women Olympians | A Dream Renewed on a Holy River
- SLIDE SHOW: Lighthouses of Martha's Vineyard by Alison Shaw
- SLIDE SHOW: Cape Cod by Featured Photographer Jon Vaughan
- Award-Winning Photo Essay | The Last Trap Fishermen of Rhode Island