New England's Best Breakfasts
A delicious, if daunting, challenge: Find the best start-the-day-right meals in a region famous for jonnycakes and blueberry muffins, while giving generations of farmers, fishermen, and loggers enough early fuel to last until afternoon. We loosened our belts and chose one great breakfast eatery from each state. Try them all–and if you can’t, the recipes we’ve adapted will give you a whole new reason to get out of bed each morning.
- Morse's Kraut House, North Waldoboro, Maine
- Sofra Bakery & Café, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- O'Rourke's Diner, Middletown, Connecticut
- The Friendly Toast, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Mix Café & Bakery, Jeffersonville, Vermont
- The Sunnyside Diner's Recipe for Dutch Baby