A July 4th Celebration!
- Line Star Pan with plastic wrap. Prepare orzo following package
instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine orzo, chicken, bell pepper and
shallots. In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, salt, thyme and black pepper. Pour over orzo
mixture; mix well. Gently stir in cherries. Pack into prepared pan. Chill at least 1 hour. To serve, place serving
platter over star pan. Carefully turn over to release salad; remove plastic wrap.
Makes about 12 servings
Mixed Green Salad With Northwest Cherries, Almonds & Goat Cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Bing cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound (about 8 cups) mixed salad greens, washed, dried,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Bing or other
dark Northwest cherries, split in half and pitted
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh white goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup glazed sliced almonds*
- In blender or
food processor fitted with steel blade, puree 1/4 cup cherries, vinegar and oil until smooth; set dressing aside.
- In large bowl, gently toss greens with dressing. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1 cup cherries, goat
cheese and almonds; toss gently. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Found pre-packaged in the produce section of most
Giant cupcake adorned with stars and
stripes, and luscious frozen cherry cream atop a brownie shell create a perfect patriotic finish to enjoy with the
Visit www.nwcherries.com for cherry recipes and information about storage, purchasing, nutrition and
Check www.wilton.com for more celebration ideas and recipes, plus bakeware, books and decorating
- 6 cups of your favorite pound cake batter
- 3 cups buttercream
- Red-Red and Royal Blue icing color
- Patriotic nonpareils
- 2 packages Patriotic
Stars icing decorations
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.