A July 4th Celebration!
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Found pre-packaged in the produce section of most
Giant cupcake adorned with stars and
stripes, and luscious frozen cherry cream atop a brownie shell create a perfect patriotic finish to enjoy with the
Visit www.nwcherries.com for cherry recipes and information about storage, purchasing, nutrition and
Check www.wilton.com for more celebration ideas and recipes, plus bakeware, books and decorating
- 6 cups of your favorite pound cake batter
- 3 cups buttercream
- Red-Red and Royal Blue icing color
- Patriotic nonpareils
- 2 packages Patriotic
Stars icing decorations
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray
Giant Cupcake Pan cavities with vegetable pan spray with flour.
- Pour 3 1/2 cups batter into base/bottom
half of pan and 2 1/2 cups batter into top part of pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in
pan 20 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Stack cake layers on serving plate with icing
between layers. Decorate sides of cupcake with lines of red and blue Decorating Tip #18 stars. Cover cupcake top
with white icing using Decorating Tip #1M stars. Sprinkle with nonpareils; attach icing
Makes 12 servings
Black Forest Brownie With Frozen Cherry Cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold water
tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) individually
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (about 15 ounces
each) brownie mix (8 x 8-inch size)
- Eggs, water and oil to prepare mix
- Vanilla Whipped Icing
or whipped topping
- Whole Bing cherries, for garnish
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, water, lemon juice and extract; stir
until sugar is dissolved. Place in freezer until slushy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In food processor fitted
with grater attachment, grate frozen cherries. Immediately whisk into slushy sugar syrup. Cover with plastic wrap
or place in airtight container. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until mixture is a soft serve consistency. Fold in ice
cream; freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray Dessert Shell Pan with
vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, prepare brownie mix following package instructions; spoon 1/2 the batter into
cavities of prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool in pan 5 minutes;
remove from pan and cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place cooled brownie dessert shell on
plate; add scoop of cherry ice cream mixture; add whipped icing and cherry to garnish.
Makes about 6 servings