Moxie | Maine's Classic Soda

Moxie | Maine’s Classic Soda

Here’s to another century of Moxie!

Aimee Seavey

Author:

Aimee Seavey

Biography:

Assistant Editor Aimee Seavey is a staff writer for Yankee Magazine and assists in the development and promotion of content for YankeeMagazine.com through blogging and social media outlets.

In this issue: Winter in Vermont

• Warm Up to Perfect Comfort Food
  • Keeping Timeless Crafts Alive
  • A Town That Loves Covered Bridges and Artists

6 Responses to Moxie | Maine’s Classic Soda

1. Phyllis Forbes Lovely March 13, 2014 at 3:11 pm #

I grew up drinking Moxie in Presque Isle, ME up in The County. Always loved the stuff and now that I’m away I couldn’t find it. Last summer, July 2013, I was in Maine again for the first time in years and drank as much as I could and brought home several cases to enjoy. I also visited the Moxie Museum in Lisbon and enjoyed it thoroughly having bought as reminders; Moxie t-shirts, Moxie socks; Moxie bandannas. . . . . . . it was wonderful. Maine wouldn’t be Maine without Moxie.

2. Phyllis Forbes Lovely March 13, 2014 at 3:12 pm #

Thank you.

3. Jim McGrath March 27, 2014 at 9:56 am #

Living in New Jersey, my stepsons and I go to Catawissa, PA for our Moxie. It is made there as well, with one difference; Maine Moxie is made with corn syrup, and PA Moxie with cane sugar. It’s a subtle difference in taste, but we’ve had both and can tell the difference. We buy cases when we go, because it’s a 2-hour trip!

4. Connie Fisher October 25, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

I’m 91 years young and grew up in the Bar Harbor area with Moxie. Have lived in the southwestern part of Ohio since 1946, having traveled back to God’s Country almost every two years. Always brought back liters of Moxie when not traveling by air. It doesn’t seem to have the same flavor I remember when much younger; however, it’s still Moxie and I love the herbal, somewhat bitter taste. It takes me back home to Maine!

5. linda October 30, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

I liked the Moxie of years ago much better than the ” new and improved” flavor and ingredients. I find I rarely drink it anymore for that reason.

6. James December 6, 2014 at 6:34 pm #

Despite being a native of the West, I’ve always liked Moxie more than the popular colas (although we think of “Shasta” as folks in Maine recall Moxie, I think!). Moxie is sold (most often as in “sold out”) in the greater Seattle and Portland metro areas, and still a wonderful treat.