Oven-Fired BlackBerry and Bunny Hops
Sausage Cheese Strata with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 oz. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3½cups milk
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (or ¾teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 11 slices white bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Provolone cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat’s-milk cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley, to taste
Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a small nonmetal bowl. Add enough hot water to cover tomatoes. Let stand for 15 minutes or until soft.
Brown the sausage in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until crumbly. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a bowl lined with paper towels.
Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter.
Whisk the milk, eggs, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, sausage, bread, onion, and Parmesan, and mix well.
Spoon into a baking dish and chill (covered) 4 to 12 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°. Bake uncovered 45 minutes, or until puffed and golden-brown. Sprinkle with Provolone and goat’s-milk cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
The “Bunny Hop”
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau or other orange liqueur, divided
- 2 tablespoons St-Germain liqueur, divided
- 1 bottle brut Champagne or Prosecco, well chilled
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.