New England's Finest: Home Office Accessories
1. This posh 16×16-inch Morris pillow ($140) features a wool-felt stripe motif appliqued on organic cotton flannel (cheery Pod pillow, $164). Made by Balanced Design of Providence, Rhode Island. 401-486-3589; balanced-design.com
2. Stimulating and playful, this Color Blox hand-hooked wool-felt rug (seven sizes, $80-$1,925) pops against a neutral color palette. Made by Dash & Albert Rug Company of Pittsfield, Massachusetts. 800-442-8157, 413-629-2323; dashandalbert.com
3. With plenty of space for you to spread out and nothing extraneous to distract you, this handcrafted, six-foot Series 2 Crescent Desk ($4,160), with its accompanying Cantilever Armchair ($1,540), provides the perfect location for tackling big projects and thinking big thoughts. Made by Green Design Furniture of Portland, Maine. 866-756-4730, 207-775-4234; greendesigns.com
4. Reclaimed wood gives these simple, elegant pens (from $22) just the right heft. Made by Vermont Hardwood Pens of Bristol, Vermont. 802-453-2453; moosemaple.com
5. Mark happy occasions on a letterpress Happy Days Calendar ($48), mounted on a striking birch backdrop. Made by Pikku of East Burke, Vermont. 802-427-1834; pikkuwares.com
6. Bright ideas: no-two-exactly-alike Pod Pendant lamps (four sizes, $395-$875), crafted of natural materials using environmentally conscious practices. Made by Birch & Willow of Boston, Massachusetts. 617-423-3437; birchandwillow.com
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.