Follow These Steps
7. When all panels are adhered to the frame, wrap a long piece of ribbon around the shade, clipping under clothespins to hold panels in place while they dry (about 20 minutes).
8. When it’s dry, remove ribbon very gently; careful not to rip the paper.
9. For trim: Cut 6 6-inch pieces of 3/8-inch grosgrain (for the vertical sides), 1 17-inch piece of 5/8-inch grosgrain (for the top of the shade), and 1 26-inch piece of 5/8-inch grosgrain (for the bottom).
10. Run a bead of glue along one 3/8-inch grosgrain piece and set onto a vertical rib. Continue with remaining strips.
11. Glue 5/8-inch grosgrain around top and bottom of shade: Run glue along bottom edge, set the ribbon on the glue, wrap the rest of the ribbon around the wire, and glue it to the inside of the shade; then add grosgrain to the top of the shade.
12. For a finishing touch, add braided or decorative trim: Apply glue to the back of the trim a few inches at a time and set onto the edge of the bottom grosgrain.
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.