Make Acorn Napkin Rings
These adorable acorn napkin rings, which are so easy to make, will bring a touch of autumn to your table throughout the year.
Materials to Make Acorn Napkin Rings
- 2 acorns
- drill with 1/8-inch bit
- 22-inch suede lacing, 1 bead (with hole large enough to hold a double width of lacing)
- hot-glue gun
Instructions to Make Acorn Napkin Rings
- Remove the acorns’ caps. Drill an 1/8-inch hole in each cap, as close to the center as possible.
- Fold the lacing in half, and feed both ends through the bead.
- Feed 1/4 inch of each end of the lacing into the hole in an acorn cap. Use hot glue to reattach the caps, securing the lacing in the glue between cap and acorn. (Caps may ride a little higher than before, but that’s okay.) Let dry.
- Slide the bead close to the acorns, and twist the lacing loop around the napkin twice. Slide the bead back toward the napkin to tighten the lacing and hold the napkin in place.