17. (Tie) Old Orchard Beach, Maine | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
Where to Stay in Old Orchard Beach, Maine:
Echo Motel and Oceanfront Cottages
Nothing fancy, but the Echo is reasonably priced, modern, comfortable and located within walking distance of the downtown pier, but also just far enough away to provide guests some peace and quiet. Also, oceanfront cottages.
Where to Eat in Old Orchard Beach, Maine:
Joseph’s By the Sea
When you are ready for a change of pace from the fried food so readily available at the pier, Joseph’s is made to order. More casual than fine dining, but the menu of seafood and regional fare has just enough sizzle.
Great Attraction in Old Orchard Beach, Maine:
Old Orchard Beach Pier
Some people find serenity in a walk along the iconic 500-foot wooden pier. Others are drawn in to the pressurized commercialism of the many shops surrounding it. Either way, everyone should take the stroll at least once.
No visit to Old Orchard Beach can be complete without a slice of Roma’s pepperoni-studded pie.
More information: http://www.oldorchardbeachmaine.com
More Like This
- Old Orchard Beach, Maine | Weekend Getaway
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging