18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
Where to Stay in Plymouth, Massachusetts:
Pilgrim Sands Motel
A family visit to Plimoth Plantation is a grand idea, but after a full day of time travel, you and the kids are going to want to hit the beach. That’s where this well-maintained motel with a private sandy strand comes in. There are also indoor and outdoor pools for swimming.
Where to Eat in Plymouth, Massachusetts:
Cornerstone is a cozy and comfortable breakfast and lunch option on Main Street.
Great Attraction in Plymouth, Massachusetts:
Native Plymouth Tours
An interesting companion piece to a visit to Plimoth Plantation, these tours present the Native American slant on New England’s first English colony from a guide steeped in the ways of the Wampanoag.
The story of America’s first settlement comes to life.
Hard not to feel goosebumps imagining the Atlantic crossing by the Pilgrims when you stand before this life sized replica..
The great symbol of freedom is now housed in a colonnaded building down by the waterfront.
More information in Plymouth, Massachusetts:
More Like This
- Mayflower II | Local Treasure
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Little Compton, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging