Photographs | Lake Winnipesaukee House for Sale

Photographs | Lake Winnipesaukee House for Sale

Our editor in chief Judson Hale has written countless stories for our “House for Sale” column over the years.  In our July/August issue, he writes his personal story about a house called Liberty Street, the summer home he purchased while on a “House for Sale” scouting trip back in the early 1970s.  It has been the hub of the extended family’s summers (and winters too) on Lake Winnipesaukee for the last 43 years.  The following photographs are just a handful of family snapshots that capture a glimpse of a house and a place that holds so many special memories.

Heather Marcus

Author:

Heather Marcus

Biography:

Heather Marcus is the photo editor for the magazine. She works closely with the art director and a large group of contributing photographers. Living in New England, she is inspired by the people, the landscape and the wonderful visual opportunities the region affords.

In this issue: A Real New England Christmas

• Vintage Decorating Tips
  • Mission to Maine's Islands
  • Norman Rockwell's Stockbridge
  • Bonus! Holiday Cookbook

8 Responses to Photographs | Lake Winnipesaukee House for Sale

1. margaret June 20, 2014 at 5:27 am #

I loved this article, I have to say it made me sad though at the thought of
    selling this wonderful place filled with memories. We have a lake house in the
    Berkshires with many similar family birthdays and outings I could never let it
    go!

2. Michele Pennebacker June 28, 2014 at 9:27 am #

The Liberty Street article brought tears to my eyes in remembering our summer place in the Poconos. Summer places are simply magical in creating family memories. Sadly, my parents had to sell our place too, as they were unable to maintain the place in their later years. Our family still misses the place we named”Oz” and this article recalled some wonderful memories. Thank you!

3. Nicole July 12, 2014 at 12:36 am #

Best article in the issue. Bittersweet memories for a house that is the epicenter of a life well lived and a family’s heart-center. I know too well the ache of missing a house that is a “home” and the difference of just four walls as is the place that I am now. It does not evoke anything and if I were to move, I wouldn’t miss it a day. There’s such a difference. My childhood home I ache for. You can never let go of some things, especially if it was when life was sweeter.

4. Judy July 13, 2014 at 5:51 pm #

This made me incredibly sad. I know children move on but one day — one of they will wish they had kept it.

5. gordon baillargeon July 18, 2014 at 8:23 am #

A great story,and a sad one.. Mr Weaver had a place on mousam lake ME.We went only a few times and I remember it well.You have much to be thankful for.I have read your magazine for years ,and enjoyed it.
    Could you tell me the make of boat ONE EGG is ? A life well lived sir, a Bravo Zulu to you and family.( Well Done).

6. phil and charlie August 5, 2014 at 10:13 am #

I love my place at the lake, all the beautiful memories. It will be the saddest day of my whole life when I have to leave here. Maybe God will be kind and let me rest here.

7. Art Good August 7, 2014 at 7:19 am #