YankeeFoliage.com Is New England's Source for Fall Travel Information
DUBLIN, New Hampshire (August 26, 2009)–YankeeFoliage.com, produced by the editors of Yankee: New England’s Magazine, offers travel tools and expert advice to help readers and Web visitors plan their fall foliage vacations. For more New England foliage information — and to learn the dos and don’ts of fall travel, plus photo tips, fall facts, fall coloring pages, hotline numbers, and more — go to: YankeeFoliage.com
- Peak Map: A fall travel planning tool, this map illustrates typical foliage colors for each day during autumn across New England, based on historical data. Choose dates from the calendar and see the color prediction for any destination in the six-state region.
- Interactive Map: This map is updated daily by Yankee’s foliage ambassadors, who report actual color status (early, mid, peak, and late) across New England.
- New England’s Foliage Forecast: A roundup look at the foliage forecast from all six states.
- Find Events: Find fall happenings, attractions, lodgings, and restaurants online with this extensive travel database, searchable by state, region, and town.
- Scenic Drives: This section includes 19 recommended road trips in New England, complete with descriptive narratives and information on essential stops along the way. Six of these drives (one for each state) are America’s Byways tours and also include a downloadable podcast and map.
- KidsZone: A special fall foliage zone just for kids, where they can color, learn about leaves, make craft projects, and enter a drawing contest.
- Facebook: Join Yankee’s community of foliage fanatics on Facebook. Go to Facebook.com/YankeeFoliage and become a fan.
- Foliage Blog: Jeff “Foliage” Folger is a fall foliage enthusiast. He logs nearly 4,000 miles chasing color across New England and blogs about his experiences.
- Foliage Forums: Moderated by Yankee’s foliage blogger, this is a forum for fall foliage-philes and those seeking advice on travel ideas.
- Fall Photo Gallery: User-submitted photos are available to view and to send as e-cards.
- KidsZone Drawing Contest: To celebrate fall and KidsZone, Yankee Magazine will host a foliage drawing contest for children ages 13 and under. To enter the contest, submit an original drawing or painting of a fall scene.