YankeeFoliage.com Is New England's Source for Fall Travel Information
YankeeFoliage.com, Yankee Magazine’s foliage Web site, is online year-round, but lights up — just as New England’s landscape does — in the fall. For extensive New England fall travel tools and the following features, visit: YankeeFoliage.com
- Kidszone: A special fall foliage zone just for kids, where they can color, learn about leaves, and make crafts projects.
- Foliage Wallpaper: By popular demand, each month a winning foliage contest photo is the featured desktop picture.
- Slideshow: Yankee’s favorite user-submitted fall photos.
- Countdown to Autumn: The homepage tracks the days till autumn.
- Foliage Blog: Jeff “Foliage” Folger is a fall foliage enthusiast. He logs nearly 4,000 miles chasing colors across New England and blogs about his experiences.
- Foliage Forums: Moderated by Yankee’s foliage blogger, this is a forum for fall foliage-philes and those seeking advice on travel ideas.
- Fall Photo Gallery: User-submitted photos are available to view and send as e-cards.
- Peak Map: A fall travel planning tool, this map illustrates typical foliage colors for each day during autumn across New England, based on historical data. Choose dates from the calendar and see the color prediction for any destination in the six-state region.
- Daily Color: This map is updated daily by Yankee’s foliage ambassadors, who report actual color status (early, mid, peak, and late) across New England.
- New England’s Foliage Forecast: A roundup look at the foliage forecast from all six states.
- Find Events: Find fall happenings, attractions, lodgings, or restaurants online with this extensive travel database, searchable by state, region, and town.
- Scenic Drives: This section includes more than 13 recommended drives in New England, complete with descriptive narratives and information on essential stops along the way. Six of these drives (one for each state) are America’s Byway tours and also include a downloadable podcast and map.
- Yankee’s 2008 Best Fall Photo Contest: Contestants submit their best foliage photos. All pictures will be featured in the Photo Gallery. The winning shot will be published in Yankee Magazine‘s fall 2009 issue and on YankeeFoliage.com.
- Foliage Ambassador Contest: Enter to win by logging foliage color changes on Yankee’s Daily Color map.
- Tree Cam and Leaf Drop Contest: Contestants guess when Yankee’s maple tree, monitored by a tree cam, will lose all its leaves.
For more New England foliage information — and to learn the dos and don’ts of fall travel, plus photo tips, fall facts, fall coloring pages, hotline numbers, and more — go to: YankeeFoliage.com
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.