Make Your Own Cleaning Supplies
15. To clean wooden rolling pins, bowls, and cutting boards, sprinkle on baking soda, dampen with a little water to make a paste, and rub with a sponge. Then rinse well and dry with a cloth towel.
16. To get the odor of cat urine out of a carpet, sprinkle baking soda on the area. Leave it on for several hours, then vacuum it up. If necessary, repeat the process with fresh baking soda.
17. To help keep the odor down in a cat’s litter box, sprinkle baking soda in the bottom, then add a layer of cat litter.
18. To remove a lingering odor in your microwave oven, wet a cloth with warm water, wring it out, and dip it in baking soda. Lightly scrub down the inside of the oven.
19. To remove coffee or tea stains from a cup, wet the cup with vinegar. Then dampen a rag with water, dip it in baking soda or salt, and swab out the stain.
20. To remove mustard stain from a counter, rub in a sprinkling of baking soda with a damp cloth or sponge.
21. You can clean the starch off the bottom of an iron by making a paste of baking soda and a little water, rubbing it on the iron with a soft cloth, and wiping it off with a clean cloth.