New England Fall Photos

New England Fall Photos
by in Nov 2010

Our readers are some of the best foliage photographers out there. Check out a small sampling of some of our favorite photos from tour 2010 fall photo contest.

In this issue: A Real New England Christmas

• Vintage Decorating Tips
  • Mission to Maine's Islands
  • Norman Rockwell's Stockbridge
  • Bonus! Holiday Cookbook

10 Responses to New England Fall Photos

1. Sallyanne O\\\'Donnell November 17, 2010 at 1:19 pm #

This is my favorite photograph of fall foliage season this year. Linda’s landscapes are exceptional, but this type of long range view in one of the most picturesque villages in Vermont, I believe is captured to perfection. I hope this photograph wins!

2. Linda Baird-White November 17, 2010 at 4:37 pm #

Thank you..! I am honored : ) I had traveled around quite a bit that day viewing foliage and decided to take one more look around the Peacham area before heading back home. It was getting late in the day and the light was moving closer towards the golden hour. Simply on a whim, I took shortcuts on some back roads from Groton to Peacham, hoping all the way over there I’d get there in time (there is more to that story). I arrived in Peacham in just in a nick of time. The light coming in at a lower angle was becoming better by the second. I stayed taking shots from different angles until the light had faded away. Other than a slight crop, this shot was straight out of the camera. That day was clearly the highlight of Autumn for me this year. I will never forget that evening and how wonderful it was, standing there alone on that hillside, watching Peacham being bathed in that incredible light and absorbing it with all of my senses. These are memories I will cherish.

3. Susan Cole Kelly November 17, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

Linda, your lovely picture epitomizes autumn in New England. It’s always good to see any of your beautiful work, but this one is really special. I think that some of your passion rubbed off onto your sensor.

4. Linda Baird-White November 18, 2010 at 8:31 am #

Thank you Susan! (Sensor), we couldn’t have connected at a better place and time : ) A camera is an extension of oneself, one of the reasons why I love photography so much and share the beauty of Vermont in the way I know it.

5. Bobby Belleville November 18, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

Pictures like this really show the world just how beautiful New England is…great shot…well done!

6. Lael Meyer October 4, 2014 at 5:16 pm #

Absolutely stunning photos!

7. Suzanne Morrissey October 8, 2014 at 2:59 pm #

As always, you folks at Yankee showcase the best images of our gorgeous home! It’s not fall without Yankee.

8. Marilena DiLiddo October 30, 2014 at 7:20 am #

Thank you for the beautiful pics! Your pics represent some of the many reasons why I am leaving South Florida and moving back to New England.

9. Vicki Bogia October 30, 2014 at 8:31 am #

Absolutely, beautiful pictures. Amazing time of year, I love it. The fall foliage is so breath taking.
    Thanks, for sharing these great photos,

10. Ginger Kullman October 30, 2014 at 9:59 am #

I’m a Southern California girl but have always loved fall and the changing colors of the trees (which we don’t have here). These pictures are absolutely beautiful!