2. Provincetown, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
Here are Yankee Magazine‘s picks for the best places to stay, eat, and see for Provincetown, Massachusetts, ranked #2 Beach Town in New England.
Where to Stay in Provincetown, Massachusetts:
Land’s End Inn
Commanding panoramic views of Cape Cod Bay and the Atlantic Ocean from its hilltop perch, this shingle-style mansion is close enough to the water that from its many decks and lookouts you can spot whales feeding offshore.
Where to Eat in Provincetown, Massachusetts:
On rainy evenings, the dining room contains the promised 10 tables, but on most nights this little bistro expands onto a splendidly broad patio, while offering small-plate dining and creative cocktails upstairs in the bar. The seafood comes from neighboring Wellfleet, the vegetables from Cape farms.
Great Attractions in Provincetown, Massachusetts
At 252 feet, Pilgrim Monument is the tallest granite monument in the country. Built between 1907 and 1910 to commemorate the landing of the Mayflower in 1620, Pilgrim Monument rewards those hearty enough to climb its 116 steps with panoramic views.
Cape Cod National Seashore
Miles of breaking waves and sweeping dunes.
Province Lands Bike Trail
This eight-mile route guides you through the scenic dunes and pine forests of the Cape, presenting beautiful ocean views along the way.
More information: ptownchamber.com
More Like This
- 21. Brewster, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 20. Hull, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 19. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Plymouth, Massachusetts | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging
- 18. (Tie) Little Compton, Rhode Island | Best Attractions, Eateries, and Lodging