The Best Foliage Drives in New England
So many wonderful drives, so little time. To select these tours, we went to the real road warriors — the Federal Highway Administration. They’ve established a program, National Scenic Byways, that recognizes and preserves roads with beautiful vistas, historic sites, access to public lands, and other qualities that make them more than just a Sunday drive. Throw in spectacular fall color, and you’ve got a perfect day-trip.
- Vermont: Through the Notch
- New Hampshire: Mountains at Every Turn
- Connecticut: A Natural Gentility
- Massachusetts: Where Time Stands Still
- Maine: Land of Moose and Rivers