The Best Foliage Drives in New England
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
So many wonderful drives, so little time. To select these tours, we went to the real road warriors — the Federal Highway Administration. They’ve established a program, National Scenic Byways, that recognizes and preserves roads with beautiful vistas, historic sites, access to public lands, and other qualities that make them more than just a Sunday drive. Throw in spectacular fall color, and you’ve got a perfect day-trip.
- Vermont: Through the Notch
- New Hampshire: Mountains at Every Turn
- Connecticut: A Natural Gentility
- Massachusetts: Where Time Stands Still
- Maine: Land of Moose and Rivers
Please Note: This information was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.