Valentine's Day Crafts | Make Paper Cones
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner but it’s not too late to get crafting projects done for the holiday. Valentine’s Day paper cones are a quick craft to make and can be made for decoration or filled with sweets for gift giving.
Materials Needed for Valentine’s Day Cones:
- Scrapbook paper in pink, red and white patterns
- Paper ephemera such as paper lace hearts, Valentines Day stickers, and cut outs of paper hearts
- Hole Punch
- Ribbon, string or yarn
- Wax paper
Directions to Make Valentine’s Day Cones:
- Trace a circle onto the scrapbook paper and cut the circle out. I traced a cookie tin, but you can also use a compass to create a perfect circle. Circles should be about 12″ across. The smaller the circle, the smaller the cones will be.
- Draw an intersection through the center of the circle to create 4 equal parts and cut them out. Each section will make one cone.
- Paper cones can be a little stubborn to form at first so it helps to mold them with your hands a little before you craft with them. Roll the cones into shape a few times before taping them into place.
- Use your hold punch to make 2 holes at the top of the cone. The top is the open end of the cone, not the pointed part. The holes should be opposite each other.
- Next, decorate the cone rims with glitter. To do this, apply a thin line of glue around the perimeter of the cone and then sprinkle glitter onto the glue.
- Place cones upside down on wax paper while the glue dries.
- Cut paper hearts from scrapbook papers, doilies, or scrap paper. Cut hearts of various sizes so that you can layer them.
- Apply a thin border of glitter around some of the hearts if you like.
- You can also create layered of paper hearts if you prefer. For example, a glitter lined heart can be glued to a larger paper heart. I also glued buttons to the center of some of mine.
- Set the hearts aside to dry.
- If you want to add paper strips or ribbon around the paper cones then glue them on and allow them to dry.
- When cones and decorated hearts are dry, glue the hearts to the outside of the cones.
- Attach a ribbon or string through the holes of the cone and tie a knot.
- You can fill the hearts with decorative paper shreds, Valentine’s messages, candies and sweets.
Hang them for decoration or give them away to loved ones. Enjoy a festive Valentine’s day!
Please Note: This article was accurate at the time of publication. When planning a trip, please confirm details by directly contacting any company or establishment you intend to visit.