10 Holiday Gift Ideas from the Garden
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Gardeners are known to be some of the most giving people on earth. We love to teach, share and give our bounty to others. Be it extra tomatoes at the end of the summer, a jar of homemade jam, a collection of gardening tips or a bouquet of flowers, we delight in sharing the fruits of our labor and the happiness we gain from gardening. A gift from the garden is a gift of love, and the holidays are a perfect time of year to share our love of gardening with the people we love. Read on for 10 homespun garden gift ideas with links to instructions, and remember “One who plants a garden plants happiness.”
- Packets of harvested seeds from your own flowers and veggies with planting instructions and tips. Personalize the packets with scrapbooking supplies for an added touch. Get instructions on how to dry seeds.
- Lavender sachets and/or packets of dried herbs with recommendations on how to use them. Decorate the packets with scrapbooking supplies and tie festive ribbon on the Lavender sachets. Learn how to grow an indoor herb garden.
- Canned veggies, fruits, pickles, relish, jams and jellies made from your own garden produce. Cut squares of scrap fabric with pinking shears and tie to the top of the jar for a seasonal appeal.
- Make a gourd birdhouse. If you are artistic or crafty, consider painting the gourd or etching designs on it.
- Pressed or dried flower arrangements from your garden. These look nice matted in a rustic frame. Follow our instructions on how to press flowers.
- A basket of bulbs that includes planting instructions and a homemade gift tag.
- Framed photographs of your favorite blooms. A framed photo of the recipient’s birth flower is a very meaningful and personal gift.
- Miniature terrariums. Add a seasonal touch such as an elf figurine or miniature sleigh to the terrarium. Learn how to make a miniature terrarium.
- Be a Garden Angel! A handwritten offer to mentor a novice gardener or an offer to help plant or harvest for a seasoned gardener or a person who loves to garden but may not be able to is truly a gift from the heart.
- Make a gift basket containing a sampling of a few of the above suggestions.
Find more ideas on how to decorate for the holidays with garden style.
Wishing you peace, joy, love and happiness for a bountiful holiday season and year to come.