The chapel was built in 1912 for use by the staff and guests of the Poland Spring Resort. It is now owned by the Poland Spring Preservation Society which also owns the Maine State Building (from the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893 in Chicago).
The chapel has a series of beautiful hand painted windows and a wonderful Ernest M. Skinner pipe organ Opus 564. The chapel is currently used as a venue for weddings, baptismals and other services as well as plays and concerts.[