1/2 Whole Wheat bread
- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
1. *Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir.
2. Add flours and yeast, and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10-15 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with a clean towel and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
3. Punch dough down; knead for a few minutes until smooth and then form into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pan and cover. Let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. If loaf starts browning too soon, lightly lay a piece of foil on top of the loaf to prevent too much darkening.
5. Remove bread from oven and allow to rest in pan for a few minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cover with a cloth. Slice and enjoy while still warm! Leftover bread can be stored in an airtight bag or frozen until needed