40 Cloves and a Chicken
Yield: 6 Servings
- Broiler/Fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup virgin Coconut Oil + 2Tbsp
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, to taste
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Season Chicken with Salt and pepper
3. Toss with 2 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil and brown on both sides in a wide oven safe fry pan or oven safe skillet over high heat.
4. Remove from heat. If skillet is oven safe, add remaining virgin coconut oil, thyme, garlic. Otherwise, transfer chicken to oven-safe baking dish before adding remaining coconut oil, thyme, garlic. Deglaze skillet and add to baking dish.
5. Cover and bake for 1 ½ hours
6. Remove chicken from oven. Rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Carve, and serve.