Acorn squash & sweet potato
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 lg Onion -- chopped ~ 1 C
- 1 1/2 lb Sweet Potatoes -- pared & Cubed (about 5 C)
- 1 sm Acorn Squash -- quartered Seeded Pared (about 4 C)
- 13 3/4 oz Chicken Broth -- Vegetarian
- 4 tb Nonfat Milk -- to 6 T
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts White Pepper
- 1/4 c Nonfat Sour Cream -- Optional
- Ground Nutmeg -- optional
Instructions:Saute onion in broth or water in lg. saucepan over
med. heat until onion is translucent about 6 min.
Add potatoes squash and broth. Simmer covered until
veggies are tender about 25 min. Cool slightly.
Working in batches place the veggies with their liquid
in food processor. Whirl until pureed. Return the puree
to the saucepan. Stir in the nonfat milk for desired
consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Heat over
low heat. Top each serving with dollop of nonfat sour
cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.