Almond Brickle Sugar Cookies
Yield: Makes 48 cookies
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz almond brickle bits
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In large mixer bowl combine all ingredients except almond brickle
3. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (2 to
4. Stir in almond brickle bits.
5. Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls, place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
6. Flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
7. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, or until edges are very lightly browned.