Almond Chocolate Bars
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Almond Chocolate Bars
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Instructions:Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Combine cream cheese and butter in
mixing bowl, beat well. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until light
and fluffy. Combine flour and baking powder, add to batter, beating well.
Spread mixture evenly in an ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for 15
minutes. Sprinkle chips immediately over baked layer. Let stand 5 minutes,
or until chocolate melts.. Spread chocolate evenly, to the edge of pan.
Sprinkle with almonds. Cool and cut into bars.