Almond Coconut Brownies
Yield: 4 dozen
I got this recipe from the Taste of Home Bulletin Board posted by cubbybear. It sounds too good not to share with you.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 cups butter (no substitutes)
- 4 squares (1-ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate; cool slightly. Add sugar. Stir in eggs, flour, almonds and vanilla.
Transfer to a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
Instructions:In a large saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over cooled brownies.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
Instructions:In another saucepan, combine chocolate chips, sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
Chill brownies for 2 hours or until set before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.