Apple Sheet Cake
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
Want more? Check out the blog that goes along with this recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- 6 to 8 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (Golden Delicious, Rome, Northern Spy, etc.)
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan.
Beat together the eggs, vanilla, butter, and sugar. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the egg mixture along with the poppy seeds (if using) and blend well. Gently fold in the apples. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan. Serve warm or completely cooled.