Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- >> Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake (12 to 14 servings)
- >> ************ ********* *****
- >> For the Apple Filling and Topping:
- >> 2 T cinnamon
- >> 5 T sugar
- >> 5 to 6 cups sliced apples (I used Granny Smiths)
- >> For the cake:
- >> 2 c sugar
- >> 1 c applesauce
- >> 4 t vanilla
- >> 1/2 c orange juice
- >> pinch salt
- >> 4 egg equivalents, lightly beaten
- >> 3 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- >> 1 T baking powder
- >> 1 t nutmeg
>> Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup tube or bundt pan
>> with Pam.
>> Combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside 1 tablespoon. Toss
>> apples with remainder and set aside.
>> For the cake, whisk together sugar, applesauce, vanilla, oj, salt,
>> eggs. Combine flour, baking powder, and nutmeg and fold into sugar
>> Spoon a little more than one third of the batter into prepared
>> pan. Cover
>> with half of apple mixture, then spoon in remaining batter and apple
>> slices. Sprinkle top lightly with the reserved cinnamon-sugar.
>> Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Loosen sides with
>> butter knife, then invert cake onto a plate for serving.