Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * All-purpose flour, for rolling
- * 1 sheet puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- * 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- * 3 pounds Gala or Fuji apples (about 6), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- * 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. On a lightly floured work surface, unfold pastry; roll out to a 12-by-14-inch rectangle. Place on sheet; refrigerate.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium; reserve 1 tablespoon in a small bowl. To skillet, add apples, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, tossing occasionally, until apples are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Spread filling on a second rimmed baking sheet; let cool completely.
3. With one short side of dough facing you, mound filling horizontally in a strip across the center, leaving a 1-inch border on both long sides. Fold top part, then bottom part of dough over filling. Turn pastry over, seam side down.
4. Brush pastry with reserved melted butter; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Using a paring knife, cut steam vents in center of pastry. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.