Yield: 2 dozen
- * 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- * 2 teaspoons baking soda
- * 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- * 2 cups sugar
- * 2 large eggs
- * 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- * 4 cups coarsely shredded apples, such as Macintosh (about 1 3/4 pounds)
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low; mix in apples. Add flour mixture; mix, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, until just combined.
3. Divide batter among lined cups, filling halfway; bake until tops are springy to the touch, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tins; transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
Suggestion: use less sugar