Apple-Ginger Quick Bread
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A pleasant change of pace, especially attractive if baked in mini bundt pans. This bread freezes well, too.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk to thin batter, or as much as needed
- 3 medium-size tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins and/or 1/2 cup unsalted mixed nuts (optional)
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan or 6 mini bundt pans.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt; set aside. Combine the remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine just until blended thoroughly (do not beat). Pour into the prepared pan(s).
Bake the loaf pan for 80 minutes, the mini bundt pans for 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the loaves comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.