Assorted Vegetables Dish
Yield: Serves 4.
"The Chinese technique for cooking vegetables is fast, doesn't waste nutrients, and preserves their flavor and color Americans spoil vegetables by cooking them in a lot of water and then throwing the water away.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely sliced bamboo shoots (use canned shoots, drained)
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water