Avocado Yogurt Soup
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This quick and easy soup is a perfect prelude to a meal of barbecued chicken or ribs.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 medium avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 cups unflavored yogurt
- Freshly chopped chives for garnish
Instructions:1. In the container of a blender or processor, combine the chicken broth and onion and whirl until smooth. Ad the avocados, lime juice,cilantro, chili powder, salt, and cayenne. Process briefly to incorporate, but do not over-liquefy.
2. Transfer to a large bowl. Blend in the yogurt and cover. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Serve cold, sprinkled with freshly chopped chives.