bailey's truffle fudge
- Bailey's Truffle Fudge
- 3 c Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c Vanilla chips OR -More chocolate chips*
- 1/4 c Butter
- 3 c Powdered sugar
- 1 c Bailey's Irish Creme
- 1/2 c Chopped nuts; optional
- TRUFFLE TOPPING
- 1 c Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c Vanilla chips OR -More chocolate chips*
- 2 TB Butter; cut in pieces
- 4 TB Bailey's Irish Creme
- *Using all semisweet chocolate will yield a deeper, darker fudge.
FUDGE: Melt all chips with butter until they are soft enough to stir smooth.
Do not overheat. Add chocolate/butter mixture to powdered sugar and Baileys.
Stir fudge until smooth. Add nuts, if desired. Mix well. Place fudge in an
8-inch square pay sprayed with vegetable spray. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap
on top and gently press to smooth fudge.
RECIPE TOPPING: Melt chips until smooth. Remove from heat. With a fork, beat
in butter and Bailey's until smooth. Spread topping over fudge with a knife.
If a very smooth top is desired, use a piece of plastic as done on fudge.
Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours. Can be frozen. Makes 64 pieces.