Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Baked beets is one of the easiest ways to prepare the root vegetable. Simply wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them whole as you would potatoes.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 8 medium beets, unpeeled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Wrap each beet in a square of aluminum foil and place directly on the oven rack. Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender when pierced. Peel the beets and cut them into quarters.
2. Melt the butter in a wide saucepan. Stir in the wine and chives. Add the beets and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper and heat until warmed through.