Baked Cauliflower with Cheddar Cheese
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Sharp Cheddar cheese lends zest to this all-American favorite -- Baked Cauliflower.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 cup medium or whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 soda crackers, crushed
1. Separate the cauliflower into flowerets and drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° and generously butter a shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the cream, egg yolks, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and cayenne. Stir in the Cheddar cheese.
3. Melt the butter in a small skillet and add the soda crackers. Toss to coat evenly and set aside. pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower and stir to coat. Transfer to (he prepared baking dish. Sprinkle on the buttered crumbs and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the crumbs are nicely browned.