Baked Fish Chowder
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
An outstanding recipe for a baked fish chowder that's quick to make and very easy because it's all made in the oven. There's no standing over a hot stove for this one. Thumbs up!
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound haddock or cod, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 pound scallops
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes or 8 small unpeeled red potatoes, diced
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups light cream or milk
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a 9-inch by 13-inch pan, combine the fish, scallops, potatoes, onion, wine, and water. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a paste. Add the cream or milk and stir until thickened. Add to the baking pan along with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cover and continue baking for another 30 minutes. Stir well before serving.